Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Inventory Control Associate (5am-1pm)
An advanced-level distribution role that primarily helps to manage the integrity and efficiency of our inventory systems and order selecting process. This role utilizes cutting edge technology in a fast paced environment to delight and create value for our customers by moving our business products accurately and timely.
· One or more of the following critical supply chain functions that assist in delivering product to our customers.
· Order releasing and prioritization to order selector zones
· Inventory slotting and engineering to enable optimized order selection
· Cycle counting and subsequent reporting to insure inventory integrity
· Quality assurance and auditin
· Vendor payment processing
· Typically requires the use of Stock Pickers, Reach Trucks, Counter Balance Forklifts and Electric Pallet Jacks.
· Print and distribute operational reports; manage the release of orders, sort orders by established criteria and distribute orders as appropriate; provide local network administrative support; process order cancellations and bin checks as needed.
· Identify items to be added or moved and identifying appropriate locations through analysis of available reports; establish the selling unit of measure, dimensions and weight of the items to be added or moved; determine the appropriate slotting method or zone and assign a location or zone in the system; prepare the location and move product to the assigned location as needed.
· Verify location, item, quantify and unit of measure matches report; annotate report and resolve discrepancies making system adjustments as necessary; remove and transport damaged product from active Pick or Storage locations.
· Using available reports, research locations and items in question; validate and count all questionable locations and items to move product to correct locations as needed; make system adjustments as necessary.
· Perform quality control activity by selecting random cartons to inspect; Verify item and quantity against customer order and noting, resolving and communicating all discrepancies; process completed order as appropriate.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment following all policies and procedures.
· Active participant in our Lean Continuous Improvement culture and process.
· Understand and demonstrate Essendant's Core Values
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Highly dependable individual demonstrating key USI Values including Teamwork, Integrity, Honesty and Accountability.
· Ability to develop and perform all required tasks within the scope of Operations Support 1 to the level of established productivity required and in keeping with applicable Standard Operating Procedures, rules, established processes and Quality guidelines.
· Ability to operate equipment in a safe and controlled manner, i.e., box erector, tape machine, Taylor Dunn, pallet jack and walkie-rider.
· Ability to leverage appropriate technology in an effective manner in performance of the function, i.e., pick-to-voice, computer, scanner, Associate Kiosks etc.
· Ability to lift up to 80lbs.
· Ability to follow simple directions (verbal and written) in English.
· Ability to perform basic math
At Essendant Inc., it is our intention to be the fastest and most convenient solution for workplace essentials. To do this, we need exceptionally talented, bright, innovative and driven employees. If you would like to be part of the team that helps unlock the potential of our customer-partners and those they serve, this is your chance to be involved. Essendant Inc. is a leading national wholesale distributor of workplace essentials, with consolidated net sales of $5.3 billion. Essendant stocks a broad assortment of over 160,000 products, including technology products, traditional office products, office furniture, janitorial and breakroom supplies, industrial supplies, and automotive aftermarket tools and equipment.
We offer an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem solving, and growth. We believe in giving back to our communities as well as others in need. We embrace diversity and believe our employees create a sustainable competitive advantage. We adhere to the high standards of Our Guiding Actions and Our Values.