Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
C&D: Security Officer
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. In fact, over 65% of our managerial positions are filled by internal candidates.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Security Officers are a cornerstone at C&D Security Services. Our officers allow us to accomplish our company’s core purpose, which is “To serve and secure the people and businesses of our community”. They are responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect.
Security Officers perform many tasks throughout their shifts; these tasks may include patrolling the facility on foot or in a vehicle, working at the entrance to the facility and answering phones, greeting guests and employees and monitoring closed circuit television systems, alarms and other very important facility systems.
Our security officers act as a visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or client rule infractions at or near assigned post which may be a threat to the property, clients, guests or employees at the site.
Security officers may be asked to perform many essential functions at the facility they work at, although not an exhaustive list, these are a few of them:
- Officers ensure the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property.
- Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests.
- Greet guests and employees in a cheerful and welcoming manner.
- Answers questions and assists guests and employees.
- Remains flexible to ever changing environment; adapts well to different situations.
- Patrolling the facility on foot or in a vehicle.
- Answering phones, greeting guests and employees
- Monitoring closed circuit television systems and alarms.
- Officers report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing.
- Handle security issues or emergency situations appropriately.
- Fully embrace security/safety training programs to enhance their ability to advance in their careers.
- Participate in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best trained officers at their sites.
- Be aware of and familiar with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders.
- You may be required to take additional certification training, such as becoming certified to carry OC sprays, drive bicycles, operate Segway’s, etc.
- Previous contract security, military or law enforcement experience is beneficial
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with the ability to work independently.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED, or at least 5 years of verifiable employment history.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Successful completion of Master Security Officers Basic (Level 1) Course.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to providing quality customer service.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.