Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AP Staff Accountant in Dunwoody, GA at Vaco
Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, the AP Staff Accountant, will support the finance and accounting department and be responsible for: entering, reviewing, and actively auditing vendor invoices; preparing reconciliations and analysis, including month end accrual; assisting with outgoing payment records; reconciling; and assisting the Accounting Manager.
- Enter vendor invoices and other expense data into the main and secondary accounting systems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collects necessary information for new vendors (including W-9 forms) and enters approved vendors into accounting system.
- Complete, submit and monitor A/P related credit applications.
- Monitor discount opportunities; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Monitor advanced payments, reconcile progress payment requests and advance pay sub-ledger balances to ensure prepay and payable balances are accurate.
- Assists with year-end 1099 submissions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Assists with year-end audit requests related to Accounts Payable and assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience working with large ERP software
- Minimum of 1-2 years previous experience operating in an Accounts Payable environment
- Minimum of 3 years overall Accountant experience.
- Must possess excellent administrative, organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and the capacity to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products with strong Excel background, including pivot tables and v-lookup.
- Strong analytical skills, general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Must be a highly motivated professional with excellent written and communication skills.
- Possess outstanding communication (both written and oral) along with interpersonal skills to effectively and professionally deal with internal, external customers and suppliers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results.
- Must be able to balance multiple priorities and commitments.