Vanco Payment Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Vanco Payment Solutions
Position: Data Engineer (please note; Vanco does not sponsor visas)
Department: Business Intelligence
Type: Full time, On-site
Location: Atlanta, GA
Experience Needed: Data Integration, Replication and Transformation strategies, 2-3 years with Cloud Solutions, SQL, APIs
Benefits: Employee Healthcare Benefits, Life and AD&D Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, 401(k) Plan
Who we are: At Vanco, we offer our clients solutions that allow them to accept credit, debit and other electronic payments securely and seamlessly. As a market leader, we work primarily to meet specialized payment needs for more than 20,000 nonprofits and school systems. These values guide our relationships with clients, partners and each other, every day:
- Act with integrity
- Maintain transparency
- Focus on who we serve
- Create a positive workplace
We have a spot for a Data Engineer who has experience maintaining and evolving existing data pipelines from multiple applications and business systems into a central data warehouse. One of the immediate goals are assisting Business Intelligence in transitioning to a cloud environment. Ongoing projects include building data pipelines from software products into the BI data warehouse.
Our company is growing rapidly, and we are adding this position to help provide self-service tools to every team for their own data discovery, analysis, and reporting. In this role, you’ll be the authority on data from multiple business systems, so we want someone who is passionate about data.
Our BI team is open, supportive and talented. When you join the morning standup, you’ll discuss what you’re working on, any roadblocks and how the team can help you. We work hard to foster transparency and encourage excellence. We want someone who is excited to grow.
What you’ll be doing:
Our Business Intelligence team at Vanco aggregates, analyzes and reports on data from every facet of the company including product, finance, sales, marketing, operations, and development.
The Data Engineer is crucial to the team as they manage the data pipeline from source to repository and from repository to distribution. You’ll be the go-to source for data integrity, QA and maintenance of existing data pipelines. You’ll also provide customer service to entire company on data integrity and quality.
You’ll become an authority on data from multiple business systems, and knowledgeable of efficient data structures that support required reporting and analysis. While specific knowledge of financial transaction data is not required, you’ll soon become an expert. You should bring a passion for working with organizations and businesses that are dedicated to improving their local communities!
Who you are:
- You have a great grasp on data integration, database replication, and data transformation strategies that make real-time data available and in the best format for reporting, analysis, and predictive modeling
- You have multiple years of experience working within cloud solutions that are scalable and redundant
- You have super SQL skills
- You have experience working with APIs
- You are competent with Python and JSON
- You have familiarity with business data common to Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Customer Support departments
- You have experience with BI platforms such as Tableau, Looker, MicroStrategy
- You have experience with AWS/Azure data products or other cloud based data products
- You are accountable to team members and able meet deadlines
- You are excellent at communicating with peers
- You have demonstrated skills in teamwork and collaboration
- You are eager to learn
Types of roles you could transition from: Data Engineer, BI related roles, DBA, Data Analyst, Implementation Consultant for BI or data-oriented company.
What we offer:
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both outcome and culture
- Learning opportunities supported by LinkedIn Learning
- Volunteer opportunities organized by the company
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vanco is committed to serving those who improve their communities. We are a technology leader specializing in payment and donation processing, education administration software and event management. We serve more than 45,000 customers in education, faith-based organizations, nonprofits and professional services markets. Vanco earns the trust of clients by providing tools that reduce administrative burdens and costs, enable organizations to increase fundraising and simplify work. Vanco has offices across the United States and in Mexico and Australia.
Looking for an awesome place to work? Start a conversation with us today!