Vanco Payment Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DevOps Cloud Engineer
at Vanco Payment Solutions
Position: DevOps Cloud Engineer (please note; Vanco does not sponsor visas)
Department: IT, Technology
Type: Full time, On-site
Location: Atlanta, GA or Bloomington, MN
Experience Needed: 1-3 years PowerShell experience, 1 years TCP/IP Networking Concepts, AWS, Azure, CI/CD
Benefits: Employee Healthcare Benefits, Life and AD&D Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, 401(k) Plan
Who we are: At Vanco, we offer our clients solutions that allow them to accept credit, debit and other electronic payments securely and seamlessly. As a market leader, we work primarily to meet specialized payment needs for more than 20,000 nonprofits and school systems. These values guide our relationships with clients, partners and each other, every day:
- Act with integrity
- Maintain transparency
- Focus on who we serve
- Create a positive workplace
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our IT organization. This position will work collaboratively with Information Technology teams to establish DevOps best practices and deliver CI/CD in all environments.
Our company is growing rapidly and we are looking for someone with a wider range of experience. If you are a jack of all trades, you might be a fit as this role. This position will help establish DevOps best practices, laying groundwork for future DevOps teams.
Our IT team is open, supportive and talented, functioning in an Agile environment. When you join the daily standup in Slack, you’ll discuss what you’re working on, any roadblocks and how the team can help you. We work hard to foster transparency and encourage excellence. You should also bring a passion for working with organizations and businesses that are dedicated to improving their local communities!
What you’ll be doing:
The DevOps Engineer is crucial to the team as they implement Continuous Integration tools to receive feedback on applications. In this role, you will automate deployment of applications and system configurations as well as create and maintain Infrastructure as Code in an Azure tenant.
This role would become domain expert when it comes to Cloud Infrastructure and would be working closely with an experienced Cloud Architect. They will also work with QA and DBAs and a development team who works in Azure PAAS environment. One big goal for this role is to help prepare DevOps to be a bigger part of coordinating sprint planning. We aim to bring DevOps involvement from informational to guidance on software delivery items.
You’ll be the go-to resource for providing maintenance and deployment support. You’ll also troubleshoot and resolve application errors.
Who you are:
- You have worked with PowerShell for 1-3 years
- You have 1-2 years spent on using/learning basic TCP/IP Networking Concepts
- You have experience with basic Azure Services Concepts (Web Apps, Storage Accounts, SQL, etc.)
- You have automation experience
- You are comfortable with different technologies and tools for the CI/CD pipeline
- You have demonstrated skills in teamwork and collaboration
- You gravitate towards work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- You are highly motivated and self-driven
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code Container Experience (Docker, etc)
- Basic Asymmetric/Symmetric key usage concepts
- Git and Octopus Deploy Experience
- Python Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
What we offer:
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both outcome and culture
- Learning opportunities supported by LinkedIn Learning
- Volunteer opportunities organized by the company
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vanco is committed to serving those who improve their communities. We are a technology leader specializing in payment and donation processing, education administration software and event management. We serve more than 45,000 customers in education, faith-based organizations, nonprofits and professional services markets. Vanco earns the trust of clients by providing tools that reduce administrative burdens and costs, enable organizations to increase fundraising and simplify work. Vanco has offices across the United States and in Mexico and Australia.
Looking for an awesome place to work? Start a conversation with us today!