West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.
West Fraser Timber Co Ltd. is an integrated forest products company producing lumber, wood chips, fiberboard, plywood, pulp, and newsprint. Today, the company carries on its operations through subsidiary companies and joint ventures owned directly or indirectly by the company’s principal operating subsidiary West Fraser Mills. West Fraser, Inc. is the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary in the United States. The business has 21 lumber producing locations throughout the U.S. South.
The position is located in Blackshear, GA. The Industrial Electrician will be responsible for troubleshooting, correcting, and maintaining all electrical equipment within the manufacturing facility.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Test electrical systems and circuits in electrical wiring, equipment or fixtures
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment or components to identify hazards, defects or repair
- Troubleshoot, program and upgrade Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Work with vendors to identify needed parts and recommend to Supervisor
- Understand and update instrumentation loop diagrams, E & I drawings, blueprints and schematics
- Program AC & DC variable speed drivers
- Update power distribution system, MCC and switch gears
- Install electrical equipment
Required skills and experience include:
- Lock-out procedures
- Detail and accuracy oriented
- Planning and organizing skills
- Communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Works well in a team
- Highly motivated
Other required skills:
- Be willing to work rotating shifts, overtime and to be on-call to support 24/7 operations
- Have 4-5 years of Electrician work experience in Industrial/Manufacturing environment
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check
- Allen Bradley PLC5
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000
- Allen Bradley Panelviews
- Allen Bradley Communications – Devicenet & Ethernet
- Scanning and Optimization systems within the Lumber Business (Porter, USNR)
- Process Network Communication Systems and Components – Ethernet & Fiber Optic
- West Fraser, Inc. offers competitive benefits including, medical, dental, life insurance, disability, and 401-k savings plans
All persons meeting that criteria above are encouraged to apply, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will not be accepted at the location. No phone inquiries, please
West Fraser, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D