Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Architectural Engineering Associate ● Atlanta, GA
at Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, inc.
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. (WJE) is seeking an exceptional entry-level Architectural Engineering Associate to join our team in Atlanta, Georgia.
WJE solves some of the most interesting challenges in the built world, and as an Architectural Engineering Associate you will have the opportunity to learn from and grow alongside industry-leading experts, with a focus on the design, investigation, and evaluation of building enclosures.
At WJE, we spend almost as much time in the field, up close and personal with our projects, as we do in the office. An Architectural Engineering Associate will gain hands-on experience by supporting project managers in all aspects of our projects for a variety of construction types, both modern and historic.
- Bachelor's degree or better in architecture, civil, structural, or architectural engineering, building science or related field, from an accredited program
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for solving problems and understanding how things work
- Ability to work in the field, both locally and outside the local area
- Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Interest in the design, construction, and repair of building enclosures; principles of heat, air, and moisture control within enclosure materials and assemblies; and evaluation of building performance
- Assume responsibility for key aspects of projects and complete assignments with limited oversight
- Perform on-site investigations, condition assessments, and construction observations, which may include surveying, documenting distress, field testing, collecting data and samples, and preparing site visit reports
- Perform diagnostic water testing, non-destructive testing, and load testing
- Analyze field data and perform research to facilitate problem solving and repair design
- Assist with drafting and preparation of client deliverables, such as construction documents, specifications, and written reports
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires visual acuity and listening ability. Individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate office and field equipment such as computer, printer, fax, copier, telephone, voice mail system, and other office and field equipment. Requirements may also include:
- Ability to attend meetings at the various office, field, and construction sites
- Ability to perform inspections of buildings and other structures, both visually and with instruments
- Ability to lift and carry materials and equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform work in the temperature extremes presented by work in the outdoors
- Ability to read construction drawings, diagrams, printed materials, and computer screens
- Ability to record data clearly and write passages for reports, letters, etc.
- Ability to travel
- Ability to safely work at heights
- Ability to safely use and/or operate ladders, scaffolds, lifts and other access equipment
- Ability to understand and appreciate safety training specific to numerous workplace and construction hazards
- Ability to safely work in a variety of occupationally hazardous locations
- Medically fit to utilize respiratory protection devices and other forms of Personal Protective Equipment
- Ability to drive and safely operate a motor vehicle
WJE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities, minorities, women, and protected veterans (VEVRAA federal contractor).
WJE will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Fair Chance Ordinances.