YMCA of Metro Atlanta
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ed Isakson/Alpharetta Family YMCA - Lifegaurd I Outdoor
at YMCA of Metro Atlanta
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and well-being.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
- Minimum age of 16
- Certifications: Basic life support or professional rescuer CPR/AED, first aid, and emergency oxygen administration
- Current YMCA Lifeguard certification or equivalent
- Up to one or more years of lifeguarding experience
- Ability to respond in a timely manner to safety and emergency situations
- Exemplify YMCA ideals and leadership qualities
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills and personal commitment to service and hospitality
- Pass a criminal background and drug screening check
- Maintains active surveillance of the pool area
- Knows and reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures and completes related reports as required
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, polices, and guidelines for the pool and aquatic areas
- Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or local and state health department code
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed
- Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action
- Maintain branch and association certifications in CPR-PRO, YMCA Lifeguard, First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Branch and off-site Emergency procedures, and any other required certifications and/or training required by the Metro Atlanta YMCA.
- Assist as needed in all aspects of the YMCA and its community
- Attends all staff meetings and monthly in-service training
- Other duties as assigned.
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the lifeguard maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. They create a safe and positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals and promotes safety in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
The Ed Isakson/Alpharetta Family YMCA is located in Alpharetta, Georgia. Home to over 600 technology companies, the city is often referred to as the Technology City of the South.” Alpharetta is a growing, vibrant and diverse Southern city with nationally-ranked schools, low unemployment and a high quality of life. The branch also serves 4 surrounding municipalities in North Fulton County: Johns Creek, Roswell, Milton, and Mountain Park. Starting as a non-facility, community-based program branch in 1984, the Y grew with the needs of the community, opening a full facility in 1998, followed by two subsequent expansions.
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to champion
communities where everyone belongs.
Location:Ed Isakson / Alpharetta YMCA