YMCA of Metro Atlanta
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Swim Team assistant Coach
at YMCA of Metro Atlanta
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and well-being.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
Under the direction of the Aquatic Director and Head Coach, the Assistant Swim Team Coach will provide assistance with administering the policies, procedures of the swim team. The Assistant Coach is responsible for swimming pool and aquatic safety and pool upkeep. Key ingredients will be that the YMCA swim will be administered in a values-centered, Mission Driven, high quality environment which is centered on member service.
1. CPR for the professional rescuer certification, obtained within first two weeks of employment.
2. YMCA Lifeguard certification. First aid certification.
3. YMCA Aquatic experience preferred.
4. Minimum age of 18. Must pass the State of Georgia criminal background check.
5. Must have three years experience in/with swim teams.
6. Knowledge of Hy-tek swim software (Meet Manager, Team manager, etc
7. Must be an USA certified Swimming Coach.
ORGANIZATIONAL COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports Partner With Youth Fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes the initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
· Assists Head Coach during practices, meets and other swim team needs and events.
· Assists in organizing the swim team according to age and ability levels.
· Assists in generating workouts including emphasis on all four strokes, starts and turns.
· Assists in organizing, preparing and attending all swim meets.
· Helps to organize swim team functions.
· Act as a liaison between the YMCA and the parents.]
Must be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds and swim 500 yards/meters. Must be able to demonstrate all competitive strokes, starts, turns and dives.
To provide a safe, clean, controlled and fun environment in accordance with the Metro Atlanta YMCA Aquatics Philosophy.
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to champion
communities where everyone belongs.
Location:Carl E. Sanders Family YMCA BkHd