Yokogawa Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chemical Engineering Co-op
at Yokogawa Corporation of America
- The engineering co-op position is designed in compliance with various cooperative education programs setup by local universities in our area.
- The position allows students to participate in school and work alternate semesters, thus gaining practical knowledge while also progressing towards a undergraduate degree.
- The specific job duties will vary depending on major/field of study, applicable coursework, and semesters of experience.
Some activities that a co-op engineering student might be involved in are:
Manufacturing & Development
- Designing automated test systems for production, including developing both hardware and software solutions.
- Engineering support to manufacturing lines.
- Analyzing customer and manufacturing failures and applying continuing improvement processes to correct failures.
- Creating and releasing engineering documentation.
- Writing, performing and documenting acceptance tests for product modifications and new product development
- PCB layout.
- Advanced development/product demonstrator development.
- Supporting new product prototype builds.
- Designing and fabricating production test jigs & fixtures.
- Providing engineering documentation through the use of AutoCad (2D and 3D).
- Developing control system drawings.
- Configuring distributed control systems.
- Assembling and wiring distributed control systems.
- Commissioning operator stations and servers.
- Developing operations graphic displays (HMIs).
- Commissioning network communications.
- Detailing analog and digital I/O.
Qualifications: Must be a full time undergraduate student, enrolled in a cooperative engineering program in a 4-year college or university. Must maintain a 2.5 or higher grade point average. It is expected that the co-op will complete a minimum of three work rotations.
Prior Experience: None Required.