Yokogawa Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TECHNICAL SPECIALIST III
at Yokogawa Corporation of America
Responsible for delivering customer satisfaction by providing high-level engineering / field support for all IAPF products and non-Yokogawa products. Implementation of process controls or instrumentation in accordance with customer requirements, accepted industry standards, and Yokogawa standards and procedures. Primary focus is on troubleshooting, repair, startup, programming, validation, training, wireless survey’s, modifications, and expansion of existing Instrumentation, and controls. May act in role of working as lead for small projects, migrations, or other jobs in which the IAPF Service organization participates.
- Duties will involve in-depth knowledge of all Yokogawa IAPF products to effectively support our customer base.
- Third party product knowledge for programming, startup, calibration, validation, and evaluation of non-Yokogawa products.
- Strong networking knowledge, using several communications protocols like, Modbus, Hart, Profibus, Foundation Fieldbus, FTP, NTP, SMTP, etc.…
- Studies customer specifications, drawings, etc., to become familiar with the process and the customer’s control / instrument setup.
- Determines customer expectations; clarifies problem areas with customer, and seek their resolution.
- Works with IAPF Service Supervisor in the preparation of service proposals.
- Works closely with senior Technical support specialist and IAPF Field service supervisor to acquire training and practical experience on the assigned line of products.
- Uses and recommendation of process control instrumentation with an understanding of its principles, operation, limitations, and interface requirements.
- May review and validate data communication and interface systems during field startup, including the interpretation of other vendors’ panel diagrams and the tracking of signals through complicated interconnections to resolve problems encountered.
- May design and provide training in the use of the process control equipment or/and instruments for the customer and engineering staff.
- Completes all service orders, reports and documentation required to provide full and complete evidence of service.
- Responsible for performance applicable ISO 9000 requirements.
- Responsible for providing uncompromising quality to all work processes in designated area of responsibility. Has the authority to stop those work processes in designated area of responsibility. Has the authority to stop those work processes at any time it is believed quality is being compromised
- Responsible for assisting in the training of new hires including training materials, testing, and OJT
- Assist in continued sales growth of other field services as LCA’s, training, startups, calibrations, repairs, validation, wireless surveys, etc.….
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Works under general direction of IAPF Field Service Supervisor, or Sales Support Manager. Independently evaluates selects, and makes adaptations and modifications to standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
Qualifications: Position requires willingness to be on call 24 hours a day for emergency response, as well as extended assignments up to four (4) weeks away from home office/base; typical trips are one week or less. Ability to perform physical work, climbing stairs and carry up to 60 lb. Also, willingness to accept assignments at Yokogawa headquarters or affiliates, (for training or instructional purposes), is required as standard part of responsibilities.
Education: BS degree in Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Electronics, controls, or automation. Associate Degree with minimum of 5 years of experience in process instrumentation and controls is also acceptable.
Prior Experience: Minimum of 2 to 4 years experience in implementation, evaluation of process control systems, PLCs, Recorders, Flow meters, Pressure and transmitters. Wireless product experience and/or controls background is a plus.
Travel: Must be willing to travel extensively for job assignments, maintain a rapport with customer representatives, and be dedicated to quality, service, productivity, and customer satisfaction.